Tuesday

FORD IS STILL SPINNING OFF PRODUCTS


Ford could soon sell Jaguar and Land Rover after the American car manufacture appointed banks to examine a sale. The expected sale of the brands comes after Ford sold Aston Martin for £450 million to a venture capital consortium led by the racing driver David Richards. The two will be sold together because Ford has integrated them with the same components and production lines.

Ford just never did it for me once they took over Jaguar. I was just never that fond of them again and Land Rover became another 'also ran'. Of course, I liked the fact that they supported a Formula One racing team.

It seemed to me that they did a much better job with Aston Martin in the time span that they had it. Even its sales were increasing which is more than I can say for Jaguar.

Hopefully they will get sold properly so that the names and what is behind them doesn't go away. Personally I can't think of who would be interested. Hope that they don't get stripped like a stolen car.