Monday

USF1 FINALLY PICKS A DRIVER....MORE TO COME


JOSE MARIA LOPEZ

The low-budget Formula One team from the United States starting this year has finally picked its first driver. Lopez had been a test driver for Renault and comes with a $5 million backing. He is from Argentina and the Argentine government is part of the backing. Jesus, taxpayer money for a Formula One driver. I guess I would rather see my tax dollar go for that than some to the other stuff I see. I am not thrilled by sponsered drivers if anyone can remember the Minardi team a few years ago. Both drivers paid to drive and seemed to be destined to be at the back of the pack watching everyone pull away. This coming season seems to be the break for the test drivers while former champions are left by the wayside.

photo credit: LAT Photographic