1949 HEALEY SILVERSTONE
According to our information this D-type Silverstone was first registred in early 1950 with registration-number BJV 125. The first owner only kept it very short and soon after sold it to John Venn who used the car in various national and international competition events.
From April 1953 onwards a further 5 English owners are known, before the car was then sold to Dr. H. Kelly in the USA. This Dr. Kelly completely restored the car and raced it in various club races in the USA, one of them being the 1974 Lowenbrau Vintage Car Grand Prix in Watkins Glen.
In 1989 the car returned to the UK in a very tired condition and was bought by David Ruddell from Surrey who restored it over a period of several years. After that restoration it was sold back to the USA again to Allan Casavant who raced it in American historic events. In 2009 the present European owner purchased the car.
Now recently the car has been fitted with new drum-brakes, dual braking system and it just had a mechanical rebuild of the rear-axle. With the car is a complete roll-over bar which can be easily bolted into the car for track-racing.
The car has a valid German registration-document, a recent FIA HTP that has been issued in July 2009 for Period E (1947 to 1961) and Class GTS2. Also a 2009 issued FIVA passport with gradation A3 is included. In the 2002 Healey book by Bill Emerson this particular car is featured several times on page 45.
A well sorted car that has all the required paperwork and the period competition history to be accepted for major events, such a Goodwood and the Mille Miglia.
+32 (0) 14 478 900
Car is in Belgium
photo and edited text credit: www.mroks.com