Monday

FORMULA ONE IN BELGIUM

JENSEN BUTTON

So here we are, the first race after the summer vacation and at one of my favorite tracks. Someone said to me that it seems that I have a lot of favorite tracks in the Formula One and IndyCar series. That is very true. You have to remember that between the two you have about 40 tracks to choose from. There are many that  I like and many that I like that are not on the schedule. Jensen Button ran a perfect race, but all the action was behind him. Pastor Maldonado will get a 5 place penalty for jump starting everyone at the start. Roman Grosjean will have to sit out the next race and pay a £50,000 fine for causing an accident at the first turn that took out himself and Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Sergio Perez. I am sorry, but I don't like penalities for racing accidents...they are just that....accidents.

Sebastian Vettel came in a hard earned second with Kimi Raikkonen coming in third.....on the podium in almost every race this year. The championship points a tightening up.



photo credit: 2012 bbc.co.uk
video credit: 2012 youtube.com