Monday

INDYCAR IN WISCONSIN

WILL POWER, THE WINNER

I think that everyone from the old days was very happy to see this race on the calendar. It looks like it will be there for a couple more years. The last race there was in 2006 and no one could figure out why they stopped. I am banging my head to remember if it is everybody's favorite what the hell happened, I do know that I always loved going to this track, camping at the track, drinking and party-like-there-is-no-tomorrow. In those days all the tracks allowed camping on their property....not so much any more. To be honest, I had three favorites. Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio. So for this very popular race to be taken off for so long doesn't make sense. In current Google pop-ups it doesn't show. I must not be asking the question correctly. So, it could have been that the track needed a safety update, I think it may have been sold around that time which could be other problem, lack of money at the time.....somebody help me. You will never hear anything bad said about Road America.

Will Power was the winner and one of my favorites, Tony Kanaan, came in second. Graham Rahal came in third. Sato, who was so excited to here, came in 17th, Montoya 7th. Ed Carpenter Racing finished 8th and 9th.



photo credit: © 2016 USA Today
video credit: © 2016 youtube.com