Tuesday

DAN GURNEY.........1931 - 2018

During all the years that I have been interested in auto racing there has always been Dan Gurney. His loss was not unexpected because he had been sick off and on the last couple of years. For many years he was the either my favorite or on my list of favorites.....every year. I never heard anyone say anything negative about him. I also loved the cars and motorcycles he designed over the years. David Davis, who owned the magazine Car and Driver out of Ann Arbor, wanted to run him for President in 1964.  He felt that not only could Dan do everything he also had twice the brain power of every one on the planet. He always was a good looking man and still looked like a racing driver into his 80's. I have to second the thoughts of David Maisher, U,S. Editor of Motorsport. His thoughts, "he was a gentleman and a gentle man, for who m one might of wished the elixir of eternal life." I always thought he would live forever....to me he always will.

DAN GURNEY: THE LEGEND

ONE OF THE FINEST FORMULA ONE CARS OF THE ERA

top photo credit: © 2018 motorsport.com
video credit: © 2018 allamericanracers.com
bottom photo credit © 2018 Google