Thursday

IN THE NICK OF TIME

Ater last year's round of the January Super Auctions I printed a story about Judge Clabuesch from Michigan complained that Barrett-Jackson out of Phoenix ripped him off. After a series of lawsuits the case was resolved just five days before their 2008 Auction.

From their website they printed this statement from Judge Clabuesch:

"Upon review of auction video footage and further consideration of the relevant facts, I, David L. Clabuesch, have concluded that with respect to the January 20, 2007, auction of my vehicle - a 1970 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda - conducted by Barrett-Jackson that I can no longer pursue any action alleging auction irregularities, including the claim that the car was short hammered while on the block. I have also determined that there was no relationship between Barrett-Jackson and the buyer of my vehicle, nor was there any conspiracy between Barrett-Jackson and the buyer of my vehicle, or any other person, to short hammer the sale of the car. I no longer believe that Barrett-Jackson violated the terms of the consignment agreement in conducting the auction sale or otherwise breached any duties to me as a consignor."

An honest and done deal? Or a buy out before the multi-million dollar sales this year?