Sunday

FORMULA ONE IN ENGLAND

MARK WEBBER

Now there is someone jumping for joy. Mark Webber, recently told that he is officially the number two driver on the Red Bull team, gives them the old upper cut. Webber, who has been my choice this year, is number three in the points standings at the mid-point of the season. I hope that Formula One politics doesn't get him in the end. Red Bull has been banking on Vettel as their number one. Mostly because he is younger and it sure wouldn't be the first time a team has screwed one of their own drivers just to get what they want. It is an exciting team so I would hate to have to put them on my "I COULD CARE LESS" list.

Lewis Hamilton, of McLaren, came in second and is the point leader at this halfway point. Third went to Nico Rosberg of Mercedes.

photo credit: © 2010 bbc.com