Red & Road Ready. Listed is a 1968 Datsun 1600 Roadster with a KA24DE Engine swap and 5-speed transmission. This is a California car and has only been in Illinois since August 2011. Roadster has been garage kept. Due to the engine swap, the follow gauges do not work: speedometer, tachometer, amp meter, and oil pressure. The horn, radio, and dash clock also do not function. Turn signals, headlights, and brake lights all work properly. The odometer does not work and the actual mileage is unknown. The heater core is not connected. The body is solid and does not have any rust. There is some light surface rust on the front grill. The paint is in decent condition, some fading, but overall no significant problems. The interior is grey cloth and in good condition. The original lap belts function properly. The headlight control knob is missing, but does not affect operating the lights. Title is clear and free.
The following work has been professionally done by Fairlady Parts of Modesto, CA
• KA24DE Engine & 5-Speed Transmission (Engine & transmission are from a 1995 Nissan 240SX with approximately 80,000 miles)
• High Pressure Fuel Pump & Hoses
• Performance Intake Piping System & Air Filter
• Custom Built Rear End & Rear Disc Brakes by Currie Enterprises
• Custom Built Driveshaft
• New Windshield & Weather-stripping
• New Stayfast Soft Top & Zip Out Rear Window
• KYB Gas Adjustable Shocks
• 15" Rota Wheels and Lexani Tires with locking lug nut
This is a used vehicle and being sold as-is with no warranty.
Also included are part one and two of The Datsun Roadster Book and a Chilton's Datsun Repair and Tune-Up Guide.
Located in Illinois........1-708-997-1690
photo and text credit: © 2012 hemmings.com