Monday

INDYCAR IN CALIFORNIA



I spoke too quickly when I said that I thought Wisconsin was the last oval race for the season. I totally forgot about the next race in California, which will be the final race of the season. A 500 mile oval race, fast, fast, fast. Today’s race could have ended between laps 40 and 50 and I would have been happy with the result. It helps that this track is one of my favorites of the current tracks they are using. During those laps it was Mike Conway, Tony Kanaan and Takuma Sato (4th) and I really would have liked that. As always with the other half of the race anything can happen. Winner was Scott Dixon, second place went to Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud in third.

Many cars ran out of fuel on the last lap. Including Mike Conway who had been in 1st and 2nd for a good portion of the race ended up in 14th. Tony Kanaan, who also had been in the top five for a good portion of the race ended up in 13th. Takuma Sato came in 4th.


photo credit: © 2014 crash.net
video credit: © 2014 youtube.com