Tuesday

SPECIAL OF THE WEEK

1978 PONTIAC

The body is solid, some good effort went into wet-sanding and rubbing out the paint, but it is an older paint job and there are nicks and dings here and there, I'd say it's a five footer, 7/10. The wheel and tire combo is awesome, great look and road feel from the Nittos, 255/50 R17s on the front, 275's on the rear, these tires have less than 200 miles on them. Engine rebuilt in the last few thousand miles, cam seems pretty close to stock, roller rockers. Seat covers, dash pad or cover, steering wheel, shifter bezel, gauges are not connected. I'd replace the front springs, it rides too low, missing rear anti-roll bar, maybe get both from Pro-Touring. Has a 3.73 rear end which is in my opinion too high. Missing side marker light bezel. I don't have a picture of it but the driver window has scratches common to these cars. Choke not connected. The car is a good driver and the black with red letters and bird is an eye-catching combo. Nothing I mentioned above is particularly expensive, it just takes more time than I have.

Located in North Carolina........1-919-995-8669
 
photo and text credit: © 2015 Hemmings