Sunday

DANICA INTO RETIREMENT

In 2005, Danica Patrick, joined the IndyCar series. For the next seven years she raced in a 115 races earning a total of $8,040,585 which is not bad for someone under 30 years old. At the end of last season she announced that she had lost her major supporter, Go-Daddy. She said that she wanted to wind up her career by racing at the NASCAR Daytona 500 which is being run today and the IndyCar Indy 500. She hasn't been in an IndyCar for some time, but I am sure that she will do it and do well. At the Indy 500 she has been picked up by my favorite team, Ed Carpenter Racing, I wish that she had never left IndyCar and, in fact, I can't remember why she made the jump. Money, probably the money, it always is. So, at 35 or 36, she is off into retirement and she is pretty much on target. Most drivers retire between 37 and 40 although NASCAR drivers tend to drive a little longer. I wish her well.

photo credit: © 2018 Motor Sport