Sunday

INDYCAR IN IOWA


These oval tracks make me dizzy. The winner was James Hinchcliffe for the first time in several races. I don't know why I even bother to say that because there are a lot more drivers to go around than there are first places. Second went to Spencer Pigot of my favorite Ed Carpenter team. Third went to one of my personal favorites, Takuma Sato.

The last 100 laps were a bit nuts. Sato was in and out of first, second and third and he had me on the edge of my seat. I really wanted to see him win, but I am happy with how it worked out. Tony Kanaan ended up in 17th. I am happy with Spencer Pigot third place as he is from my favorite team, the Ed Carpenter Racing Team. Ed Carpenter himself ended up in 9th place. The guy I have been watching this year, Robert Wickens, did a fantastic job of staying up in the front positions the whole race and ended up in a not too shabby 5th.

 photo credit: © 2018 NBC