Monday

INDYCAR IN OHIO

For many years I went to the Mid-Ohio track at Mansfield and it wasn't my first rodeo. I had already been going to races around the country for about 25-30 years. Well, today I went into shock to find out that Mid-Ohio's opening season was 57 years ago and their first Indycar race was 34 years ago. I spent a lot of time there as it was a great track and a fairly straight shot from Detroit. A couple of years ago I ran across some pictures that I took from some sports car races there in the early 70's. Today's win was presented by Alexander Rossi. Second place went to Robert Wickens who is still waiting for that first win and Will Power in third.

Takuma Sato and Tony Kanaan ended up in 17th and 18th. The Ed Carpenter Team came in 12th and 13th.

photo credit: © 2018 Indycar